Ratings & Reviews
Amigo Energy is a commercial and residential electricity provider servicing the New York and Texas deregulated energy markets. They were founded in Houston, TX in 2003. In 2007, Amigo was purchased and became a fully owned subsidiary of Fulcrum Power. Then in 2011, Fulcrum Power was purchased by Just Energy.
Our Rating of Amigo Energy
Customer Reviews of Amigo Energy
Amigo Energy News
Paying too much to your Texas electricity provider for using too little? Let us show you who has the best low usage electric plans in Houston, TX! Where Is The Best Low Usage Electric Rate in Houston? It can be tough for low usage electricity customers to find plans that fit their needs. Plans wi...
Find out which long term plan gives you the best deal over the long haul when you shop these cheap electric plans in Dallas. Get the Lowest Electric Rates with Long-Term Energy Plans The best way to save on electricity bills in DallasÂ is to compare and shopÂ cheap electric plans in Dallas. Youâ€...
Believe it or not, not all Texas are wild about shopping for electricity. But with 24 month electric plans in Houston, you only need to do that every two years. Yee haw! Who Has The Best 24 Month Electric Plans in Houston? Even though Texas Electricity Ratings makes shopping for home electricity...
Amigo Energy FAQs
What is the cheapest plan that Amigo Energy has?
- The cheapest plan Amigo Energy has is Amigo Web - 24, with rates starting at 17.9. This is a 24 month plan.
Where can I order Amigo Energy electricity?
- Amigo Energy has electricity plans in Texas
Where can I order Amigo Energy natural gas?
- Amigo Energy does not have any natural gas plans
What do customers think about Amigo Energy?
- That depends on who you ask. There will always be someone who feels wronged by a company, no matter how good they actually are. The average Amigo Energy customer review is 2.1 / 5 stars. Keep in mind, consumers will go out of their way to complain far more often than they will to give praise.
Why is my electricity rate higher than when I signed up?
- The rate you see when you sign up is the average rate at that exact amount of usage in one billing cycle. Some companies try to game the system by applying bill credits between certain usage thresholds. It works great if you are within the margins, but as soon as you leave that band you no longer get that bill credit and your rate per kWh can double. The PUC only requires that companies disclose their average rates at 500, 1000, and 2000 kWhs. Companies can get around this by giving you a $50 bill credit if you use between 1000 and 2000 kWhs per billing cycle. The only way to really know what you're getting into is to read your EFL. A 10¢ rate at all usage amounts may end up being cheaper than that 8¢ rate at 1,000 kWh!
Amigo Energy Plan Summary
Texas Energy News:
Our Bill Calculator Saves Time and Money
Stop Summer Drafts to Reduce Energy Usage
Can My Texas REP Pause My Rate?
How the Power to Choose Fails Customers, Part 1
Is Your Hot Attic Killing Your AC?
Simple Crawl Space Hack Cut Cooling Costs
Does Setting Back Your AC Save Electricity?
Should I Shop For A Better Electricity Rate?
How to Shop Best Texas Electric Rates Strategically
Texas Electricity Ratings Resources:
Historical Electricity Rates
Learn about the Breeze Energy POLR Transition
Who are the best Texas electric companies?
Understanding Your EFL
No Deposit and Pre-Paid Electricity Plans
How to Switch Texas Electricity Companies?
How to Read Your Electricity Meter
How Long Does it Take to Switch Electricity Companies