Ratings & Reviews
APG&E, formerly Affordable Power and founded in 2004, has grown to serve thousands of customers in the state of Texas. APG&E is present and servicing retail customers in Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Illinois.
Compare The Best Texas Electricity Rates
Texas Electricity Rates can be downright confusing. That's why we came up with TexasElectricityRatings.com. A simple web site that gives you more than just price information. Check out our reviews from thousands of Texans, compare the best rates and order online in minutes.
Energy deregulation in Texas has made changing electric companies easy, and the best part is that it's all free. There are no switching fees, your electricity stays on throughout the whole process, and no special equipment is needed. If you're moving to to Texas, your new provider will turn on your power and set up your new service on the same day.
We've made it easy to compare the best Texas electricity providers by sorting, ranking and rating every provider and then recommending plans and providers that have proved that they provide the best customer service and a great electric rate for your home or business.
If you're looking for the cheapest electricity rate, simply sort by rate, then compare provider ratings and details to ensure you get the best rate. Of course, the easiest way to get the lowest Texas electricity rate is select one of our recommended plans.
You have a lot of choices in Texas, from Green Energy to Smart Home, to Plans with Rewards and Incentives. We're here to help you sort it all out.
Our Rating of APG&E
Customer Reviews of APG&E
What is the cheapest plan that APG&E has?
- The cheapest plan APG&E has is TrueClassic 6, with rates starting at 13.3. This is a 6 month plan.
Where can I order APG&E electricity?
- APG&E has electricity plans in Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, and Maryland
Where can I order APG&E natural gas?
- APG&E does not have any natural gas plans
What do customers think about APG&E?
- That depends on who you ask. There will always be someone who feels wronged by a company, no matter how good they actually are. The average APG&E customer review is 1.6 / 5 stars. Keep in mind, consumers will go out of their way to complain far more often than they will to give praise.
Why is my electricity rate higher than when I signed up?
- The rate you see when you sign up is the average rate at that exact amount of usage in one billing cycle. Some companies try to game the system by applying bill credits between certain usage thresholds. It works great if you are within the margins, but as soon as you leave that band you no longer get that bill credit and your rate per kWh can double. The PUC only requires that companies disclose their average rates at 500, 1000, and 2000 kWhs. Companies can get around this by giving you a $50 bill credit if you use between 1000 and 2000 kWhs per billing cycle. The only way to really know what you're getting into is to read your EFL. A 10¢ rate at all usage amounts may end up being cheaper than that 8¢ rate at 1,000 kWh!
APG&E Plan Summary
Texas Energy News:
My Dallas Smart Home Picks from CES
A Few of My Favorite Smart Home Things: CES
ERCOT Adds LOTS More Green Energy Sources for Summer
Texas PUC Approves Controversial PCM Rules
Compare Lowest Dallas Business Electricity Rates
PUC Vote May Change Texas Electricity Rates
A Holiday Freeze Nearly Blacked Out ERCOT
Renewables To Top Natural Gas Generation in Texas 2023
7 Energy Resolution Tips for New Year
Texas Electricity Ratings Resources:
Historical Electricity Rates
Learn about the Breeze Energy POLR Transition
Who are the best Texas electric companies?
Understanding Your EFL
No Deposit and Pre-Paid Electricity Plans
How to Switch Texas Electricity Companies?
How to Read Your Electricity Meter
How Long Does it Take to Switch Electricity Companies