Ratings & Reviews
- Our Rating of CPL Retail Energy
- CPL Retail Energy Ranking
- Reviews Overview
- Read All Reviews
- Write a Review
Central Power & Light was the incumbent electricity provider for areas of central Texas for 75 years until Texas electricity deregulated in 2002. American Electric Power (AEP) then sold the retail electric part of their business to Direct Energy, who has been operating in that region of Texas as CPL Retail Energy ever since.
Direct Energy is the largest competitive retailer of energy and related services in North America. With operations across Canada, Texas and the north-eastern United States, Direct Energy delivers $8 billion of energy and related services to over five million residential and commercial customers. They operate generation assets, as well as retail electricity services in multiple states across the US.
Our Rating of CPL Retail Energy
Customer Reviews of CPL Retail Energy
CPL Retail Energy News
CPL Retail Energy FAQs
Where can I order CPL Retail Energy electricity?
- CPL Retail Energy does not have any electricity plans
Where can I order CPL Retail Energy natural gas?
- CPL Retail Energy does not have any natural gas plans
What do customers think about CPL Retail Energy?
- That depends on who you ask. There will always be someone who feels wronged by a company, no matter how good they actually are. The average CPL Retail Energy customer review is 0 / 5 stars. Keep in mind, consumers will go out of their way to complain far more often than they will to give praise.
Why is my electricity rate higher than when I signed up?
- The rate you see when you sign up is the average rate at that exact amount of usage in one billing cycle. Some companies try to game the system by applying bill credits between certain usage thresholds. It works great if you are within the margins, but as soon as you leave that band you no longer get that bill credit and your rate per kWh can double. The PUC only requires that companies disclose their average rates at 500, 1000, and 2000 kWhs. Companies can get around this by giving you a $50 bill credit if you use between 1000 and 2000 kWhs per billing cycle. The only way to really know what you're getting into is to read your EFL. A 10¢ rate at all usage amounts may end up being cheaper than that 8¢ rate at 1,000 kWh!
Texas Energy News:
My Dallas Smart Home Picks from CES
A Few of My Favorite Smart Home Things: CES
ERCOT Adds LOTS More Green Energy Sources for Summer
Texas PUC Approves Controversial PCM Rules
Compare Lowest Dallas Business Electricity Rates
PUC Vote May Change Texas Electricity Rates
A Holiday Freeze Nearly Blacked Out ERCOT
Renewables To Top Natural Gas Generation in Texas 2023
7 Energy Resolution Tips for New Year
Texas Electricity Ratings Resources:
Historical Electricity Rates
Learn about the Breeze Energy POLR Transition
Who are the best Texas electric companies?
Understanding Your EFL
No Deposit and Pre-Paid Electricity Plans
How to Switch Texas Electricity Companies?
How to Read Your Electricity Meter
How Long Does it Take to Switch Electricity Companies