Ratings & Reviews
Founded in 2002, Tara Energy was one of the first electricity providers to offer competitive products and prices following the deregulation of Texas electricity markets. In 2009, Tara Energy merged with Fulcrum Power. Then in 2011, Fulcrum Power was purchased by Just Energy.
Just Energy is a massive electricity and natural gas company that services Canada and the United States and has the distinction of being the largest green energy retailer in North America. In total, they service more than 1.6 million residential and commercial customers.
Our Rating of Tara Energy
Customer Reviews of Tara Energy
Tara Energy News
The 2022 Texas Hurricane Season Has Started!Another above-normal season?Texans are doing a double take at NOAA's hurricane prediction. Find out why and what you can do to keep your family safe!Can you believe it? The 2022 hurricane season began only just a few days ago. And already there a...
Changing Your Electric Provider When You MoveConfused by switching your Texas electric supplier when you move? Let our guide in 9 Easy Steps show you what you need to know to get you on the road.Moving is always stressful. Whether you’re moving across town or across Texas, you’re bound...
Above Average Hurricane Season PredictedForecasts from four major weather bureaus all confirm it's going to be a busy 2022 Texas hurricane season!The broiling Texas weather looks like it's going to run on until Memorial Day. And as anyone who has lived in Texas knows, that's just next door...
Tara Energy FAQs
What is the cheapest plan that Tara Energy has?
- The cheapest plan Tara Energy has is Tara Web - 24, with rates starting at 18.9. This is a 24 month plan.
Where can I order Tara Energy electricity?
- Tara Energy has electricity plans in Texas
Where can I order Tara Energy natural gas?
- Tara Energy does not have any natural gas plans
What do customers think about Tara Energy?
- That depends on who you ask. There will always be someone who feels wronged by a company, no matter how good they actually are. The average Tara Energy customer review is 1.4 / 5 stars. Keep in mind, consumers will go out of their way to complain far more often than they will to give praise.
Why is my electricity rate higher than when I signed up?
- The rate you see when you sign up is the average rate at that exact amount of usage in one billing cycle. Some companies try to game the system by applying bill credits between certain usage thresholds. It works great if you are within the margins, but as soon as you leave that band you no longer get that bill credit and your rate per kWh can double. The PUC only requires that companies disclose their average rates at 500, 1000, and 2000 kWhs. Companies can get around this by giving you a $50 bill credit if you use between 1000 and 2000 kWhs per billing cycle. The only way to really know what you're getting into is to read your EFL. A 10¢ rate at all usage amounts may end up being cheaper than that 8¢ rate at 1,000 kWh!
Tara Energy Plan Summary
Texas Energy News:
Our Bill Calculator Saves Time and Money
Stop Summer Drafts to Reduce Energy Usage
Can My Texas REP Pause My Rate?
How the Power to Choose Fails Customers, Part 1
Is Your Hot Attic Killing Your AC?
Simple Crawl Space Hack Cut Cooling Costs
Does Setting Back Your AC Save Electricity?
Should I Shop For A Better Electricity Rate?
How to Shop Best Texas Electric Rates Strategically
Texas Electricity Ratings Resources:
Historical Electricity Rates
Learn about the Breeze Energy POLR Transition
Who are the best Texas electric companies?
Understanding Your EFL
No Deposit and Pre-Paid Electricity Plans
How to Switch Texas Electricity Companies?
How to Read Your Electricity Meter
How Long Does it Take to Switch Electricity Companies