Ratings & Reviews
Founded in 2002, Tara Energy was one of the first electricity providers to offer competitive products and prices following the deregulation of Texas electricity markets. In 2009, Tara Energy merged with Fulcrum Power. Then in 2011, Fulcrum Power was purchased by Just Energy.
Just Energy is a massive electricity and natural gas company that services Canada and the United States and has the distinction of being the largest green energy retailer in North America. In total, they service more than 1.6 million residential and commercial customers.
Our Rating of Tara Energy
Customer Reviews of Tara Energy
Tara Energy News
Our Peoples Choice for the top five Texas Retail Electricity Providers tells you exactly why customers think these guys are the best! Who are the best Texas electricity companies? Many Texas electricity customers feel daunted by the multitude of providers and plans when they shop for electricity...
Comparing and shopping for the cheapest summer rates is the best way to choose your Dallas power provider. What Are Best Electricity Plans For Summer In Dallas? With what could potentially be one of the hottest summers on record approaching, the time to shop for the cheapest rates in Dallas, Tex...
Don’t pay a high deposit if you have less than ideal credit!Find a fixed rate plan with REPs welling to work with you! Where can I find Low Deposit Electricity in Dallas? Energy rates could increase with a potentially hot Texas summer on the way. If you’re worried about having to pay big dep...
Tara Energy FAQs
What is the cheapest plan that Tara Energy has?
- The cheapest plan Tara Energy has is Tara Web - 24, with rates starting at 14.5. This is a 24 month plan.
Where can I order Tara Energy electricity?
- Tara Energy has electricity plans in Texas
Where can I order Tara Energy natural gas?
- Tara Energy does not have any natural gas plans
What do customers think about Tara Energy?
- That depends on who you ask. There will always be someone who feels wronged by a company, no matter how good they actually are. The average Tara Energy customer review is 1.4 / 5 stars. Keep in mind, consumers will go out of their way to complain far more often than they will to give praise.
Why is my electricity rate higher than when I signed up?
- The rate you see when you sign up is the average rate at that exact amount of usage in one billing cycle. Some companies try to game the system by applying bill credits between certain usage thresholds. It works great if you are within the margins, but as soon as you leave that band you no longer get that bill credit and your rate per kWh can double. The PUC only requires that companies disclose their average rates at 500, 1000, and 2000 kWhs. Companies can get around this by giving you a $50 bill credit if you use between 1000 and 2000 kWhs per billing cycle. The only way to really know what you're getting into is to read your EFL. A 10¢ rate at all usage amounts may end up being cheaper than that 8¢ rate at 1,000 kWh!
Tara Energy Plan Summary
Texas Energy News:
My Dallas Smart Home Picks from CES
A Few of My Favorite Smart Home Things: CES
ERCOT Adds LOTS More Green Energy Sources for Summer
Texas PUC Approves Controversial PCM Rules
Compare Lowest Dallas Business Electricity Rates
PUC Vote May Change Texas Electricity Rates
A Holiday Freeze Nearly Blacked Out ERCOT
Renewables To Top Natural Gas Generation in Texas 2023
7 Energy Resolution Tips for New Year
Texas Electricity Ratings Resources:
Historical Electricity Rates
Learn about the Breeze Energy POLR Transition
Who are the best Texas electric companies?
Understanding Your EFL
No Deposit and Pre-Paid Electricity Plans
How to Switch Texas Electricity Companies?
How to Read Your Electricity Meter
How Long Does it Take to Switch Electricity Companies