Rosenberg Electricity Rates, Plans & Suppliers
What are Rosenberg's Average Electricity Rates
Currently, the cheapest Rosenberg electricity rate is 10.9 ¢/kWh, 42% lower than the average rate of 18.8 ¢/kWh.
Based on recent order data, the best electricity providers in Rosenberg are Gexa Energy, BKV Energy, and TriEagle Energy.
47% are choosing plans with a contract length of 24 months, with 12 month contracts being the second most popular choice at 12%.The average electric bill in Rosenberg ranges from $130 to $300, with an average electricity usage of 1100-1400 kWh per month.
Compare Rosenberg Electricity Rates
We've researched the best providers and plans so you can find a great electricity rate in Rosenberg
Rosenberg's Top Electricity Companies
TexasElectricityRatings, rates the top electricity companies in Rosenberg
|Champion Energy Services
Electricity Rates are coming down in Rosenberg
Everyone wants to know the best electricity plan to buy, and there's never an easy answer because everyone's needs are different. Do you live in an apartment, house, or mansion, because every plan has different rates at different uses.
Apartment users should look at Frontier's Saver Value 12. It's one of the few plans where the rates are cheapest the less you use. APG&E's True Classic 6 is another good one, as well as Gexa's Eco Saver Lite.
Regular sized home users have more options, but also more confusion. Bill Credits and Tiered rates can make billing complicated if you don't use a minimum amount of electricity for some of these plans. Reliant's Retail Power Savings 24 is a good plan because it has a good rate, and its bill credit is uncomplicated, just be sure to use over 1k. Cirro's Smart Value 24 is similar.
Live in a giant house on a sprawling estate? Doesn't mean you want to overspend on electricity. 4 Change's Power Maxx Saver 24 is a great plan. Constellation's 12 Month Flat Tier Product is an excellent choice. It's a flat low rate for the first 2k of usage, then a low rate for everything over 2k.
How to Switch Electricity Companies in Rosenberg?
Switching Electricity companies is simple and seamless with no interruption in service.
- When is it Time To Switch Your Power Company: Check your electricity company contract's end date, if you're within 45 days you may forward switch, or within 14 days you can switch without penalty. Your retail electric provider is required to notify you at least 30 days before a contract expires.
- Compare electricity rates Rosenberg:If you can find a cheap new rate is dramatically lower it may be worthwhile to switch early and pay the ETF. Lets say youre on a 17 cent rate and youve found a great 11 cent rate. At 2000kWh per month at 17 cents is $340 and 2000kWh at 11 cents is $220. You could save $120 in the first month - so the $60 ETF is worth taking a hit on.
- Switch Electricity Company: Once you find a great Rosenberg electricity rate and want to lock it in, you can schedule a forward switch up to 45 days in advance. Ensure you get proof of switch order and date, (you should get an email) and retain any emails for your records.
Are You Moving to Rosenberg?
Texas has a deregulated electricity market. That means Rosenberg Electricity Companies compete for your business. Just like cellphone, Internet, Insurance and credit card companies that compete for your business. And just like those businesses there are plenty of ways that Texas electricity companies can take advantage of you, so we've made it easy. We've rated, ranked, and recommend Rosenberg's best electricity companies and electricity plans that will make your move easy.
Getting your power turned on in Rosenberg is easy. If your home has a smart meter, we can get your power turned on in 4-6 hours. Just enter your zip code to get started.
Compare Local Electric Rates
When shopping for electricity, you will see that rates and plan availability may vary by location. This is due to differences between local utility transmission and delivery fees.
That's why you need to enter your zip code to compare electricity rates in Rosenberg.
Electricity Plans for Rosenberg
- Fixed Rate Plans: Offer a fixed rate per kWh (monthly bill may vary based on usage) for the length of the contract, typically 12 to 36 months.
- Green Energy Plans: Source power from renewable sources such as wind, and solar.
- No Deposit Plans: Electric companies in Rosenberg offering no deposit sometimes called prepaid electricity plans; allow customers to pay for their electricity in advance. With a no deposit electricity plan, customers can avoid credit checks, deposits, and avoid disconnection for non-payment.
- Variable Rate Plans: Usually considered as the opposite of fixed rate plans, with these plans the price per kWh will vary month to month.
- Time of Use Plans: Vary the rate per kWh based on the time of day and/or the season. Customers are often charged a higher rate during the day and a lower rate in the evening. Additionally there
- Solar Buy Back Plans: This allows Rosenberg homeowners with solar panels earn extra money by selling their surplus electricity to their electricity provider. Often this is in the form of bill credits for electricity that would otherwise go to waste. Electricity companies offering these plans include: Chariot Energy, Rhythm Energy, and Energy Texas.
Electricity Plan Types in Rosenberg
Now that we have explained TDSP rates, the second thing to consider is the type of electricity plans a customer can buy. Each plan will likely end up having different rate scales. There are three types of electricity plans you can choose from when selecting an energy plan that best fits your needs.
Fixed Rate Electricity Plan in Rosenberg
Lock in low energy rates for a period of months ranging from 9 to 36. Be aware that these contracts typically charge an early termination fee if you switch before your term ends.
Variable Rate Electricity Plan in Rosenberg
Month to month contracts with rates that vary. You won't have to worry about deposits or early termination fees, but rates can decrease or increase from month to month.
Pre-Paid Electricity Plan in Rosenberg
You deposit money into an account that your energy company bills directly depending on your use. Keep in mind there are often daily charges with these plans. Rates typically change from month to month.
There are other kinds of plans, such as green plans, or plans that come bundled with things like Smart Thermostats, but for the most part, these three plans are the main three kinds of choices available.
Renewable and Green Energy Options in Rosenberg
Over 30% of the energy produced in Texas is from renewable energy resources such as solar, and wind. In fact, Texas produces more green energy than any other state. And is one of the reasons that Texas has some of the lowest electricity rates in the US.
Every Texas energy provider has about 20% green energy in their mix of energy sources. You can see this in the Fuel Mix section of any Texas Electricity Plan EFL (Electricity Facts Label).
Most Texas electricity companies have a 100% green / renewable energy plan, where 100% of the energy you buy supports renewable energy generators. Some Rosenberg electricity companies are exclusively green, where every plan is 100% green and prices and rates support 100% green energy and renewable generation.
The 3 types of renewable energy plans to select from:
- Green energy term plans:
- These are similar to traditional 3 to 12 month term plans with 100% green energy.
- EV Charging Plans:
- Plans targeted at EV owners that are "Time of Use" where you pay low rates at night (between 11PM and 5AM) and a higher rate during the day.
- Solar Buy Back Plans:
- Plans that allow homeowners who own their solar panels to sell excess power back to their provider or offset their electricity bill with excess power generated by their solar panels and may earn bill credits of up to .25 cents per kWh exported back to the grid.
Five Green Electric Plans for Rosenberg
|Champion Energy Services
What if I have Bad Credit or Cant Afford A deposit
There are several no deposit light companies in Rosenberg that can get your lights on tonight. No deposit electricity plans require that you prepay for your electricity. You can order online, and deposit a small amount - generally $25-$75 and get your lights on in a few hours. Once youve ordered service, you download an app and that reminds you when you need to deposit more money to keep your lights on.
Rosenberg Electricity Outage Information
If you have a power outage, or any issue with your home's electrical delivery, you should contact your local electric utility for assistance, Centerpoint Energy - 713-207-2222, Oncor Energy - 888-313-4747, AEP Central/AEP North - 866-223-8508, or TNMP - 888-866-7456
Contact the Texas Public Utilities Commission with any other concerns: PUC Customer Protection, P.O. Austin, TX 787111-3326. Phone: 1-888-782-8477, Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TDSP's - Transmission and Distribution Utilities
Starting a Business in Rosenberg?
You have the power to choose your Commercial and Small Business Electricity Rates in Rosenberg. The Texas Electricity Ratings commercial electricity marketplace is exclusively for business electricity customers looking to start commercial service or compare their existing commercial electricity rates.
Rosenberg business electricity rates are some of the lowest in the US and are 20-30% less than residential rates. So, if you're starting a business in Rosenberg or just want to compare commercial electricity rates and shop the market for a better rate, you could save thousands each year by shopping for a lower rate.
Find rates for your zip code in Rosenberg
FAQ: Rosenberg Rates, Plans and Providers
What Rosenberg Champion Energy Services electricity plans are available?
The following rates are available from Champion Energy Services
Champ Silver-24 14.00 cents per kWh Champ Saver-24 14.10 cents per kWh Free Weekends-24 14.30 cents per kWh Champ Saver-12 14.50 cents per kWh Green Energy-24 14.70 cents per kWh
What is a cheap Amigo Energy electricity rate in Rosenberg?
- Base Saver III - 24 is the cheapest rate from Amigo Energy. It is a 24 month plan with a rate of 12.900 cents per kWh.
The following rates are available from Amigo Energy
Is it true that Constellation has a low price in Rosenberg?
- 12 Month Flat Tier Product is the cheapest rate from Constellation. It is a 12 month plan with a rate of 12.900 cents per kWh.
We recommend you compare electricity rates in Rosenberg and see if this plan is right for you.