Waco Electricity Rates, Plans & Suppliers
Electricity Rates are coming down in Waco
Everyone wants to know the best electricity plan to buy, and there's never an easy answer because everyone's needs are different. Do you live in an apartment, house, or mansion, because every plan has different rates at different uses.
Apartment users should look at Frontier's Saver Value 12. It's one of the few plans where the rates are cheapest the less you use. APG&E's True Classic 6 is another good one, as well as Gexa's Eco Saver Lite.
Regular sized home users have more options, but also more confusion. Bill Credits and Tiered rates can make billing complicated if you don't use a minimum amount of electricity for some of these plans. Reliant's Retail Power Savings 24 is a good plan because it has a good rate, and its bill credit is uncomplicated, just be sure to use over 1k. Cirro's Smart Value 24 is similar.
Live in a giant house on a sprawling estate? Doesn't mean you want to overspend on electricity. 4 Change's Power Maxx Saver 24 is a great plan. Constellation's 12 Month Flat Tier Product is an excellent choice. It's a flat low rate for the first 2k of usage, then a low rate for everything over 2k.
Compare Waco Electricity Rates
We've researched the best providers and plans so you can find a great electricity rate in Waco
What are Waco's Average Electricity Rates
Currently, the cheapest Waco electricity rate is 13.1 ¢/kWh, 37% lower than the average rate of 20.8 ¢/kWh.
Based on recent order data, the best electricity providers in Waco are Frontier Utilities, Chariot Energy, and 4Change Energy.
44% are choosing plans with a contract length of 12 months, with 24 month contracts being the second most popular choice at 24%.The average electric bill in Waco ranges from $150 to $300, with an average electricity usage of 1100-1400 kWh per month.
When do Electricity Rates Change in Waco Change?
As Waco moves into winter, you're going to see fixed rate electricity rates drop with the temperature. So if you're looking for cheap Waco electricity rates, fall to winter is the best time to to compare Texas electricity rates.
Waco's Top Electricity Companies
TexasElectricityRatings, rates the top electricity companies in Waco
|Champion Energy Services
5 Things to Know Before You Order Waco Electricity Service
- Know your usage. Ok you don't have to "know" but you should have an idea. Are you moving into an apartment/small house, a medium size home or condo, or a large home? Home size matters and relates to the average usage. Electricity rates are based on volume and are based on 500kWh, 1000kWh and 2000kWh use per month. In other words a small house or apartment customer will generally pay a higher rate than a high usage / large house customer.
- Know your credit score. Do you have great, average or poor credit? If you have average or poor credit you'll probably be asked to pay a deposit - generally $150-$300. You can also use a no-deposit plan that you pre-pay.
- Understand Utility Charges. Centerpoint Energy is the local electricity utility company in Waco. They own and maintain the poles and wires, read the meters and get your power back on when there's a storm or power loss. About 30-40% of your bill is made up of Centerpoint Energy fees.
- All rates displayed on our site include Centerpoint Energy Utility Charges and Fees.
- Understand Your Electricity Facts Label (EFL) The EFL sets out the rates and charges based on usages of 500, 1000 and 2000kWh.
How to Switch Electricity Companies in Waco?
Switching Electricity companies is simple and seamless with no interruption in service.
- When is it Time To Switch Your Power Company: Check your electricity company contract's end date, if you're within 45 days you may forward switch, or within 14 days you can switch without penalty. Your retail electric provider is required to notify you at least 30 days before a contract expires.
- Compare electricity rates Waco:If you can find a cheap new rate is dramatically lower it may be worthwhile to switch early and pay the ETF. Lets say youre on a 17 cent rate and youve found a great 11 cent rate. At 2000kWh per month at 17 cents is $340 and 2000kWh at 11 cents is $220. You could save $120 in the first month - so the $60 ETF is worth taking a hit on.
- Switch Electricity Company: Once you find a great Waco electricity rate and want to lock it in, you can schedule a forward switch up to 45 days in advance. Ensure you get proof of switch order and date, (you should get an email) and retain any emails for your records.
Are You Moving to Waco?
Texas has a deregulated electricity market. That means Waco Electricity Companies compete for your business. Just like cellphone, Internet, Insurance and credit card companies that compete for your business. And just like those businesses there are plenty of ways that Texas electricity companies can take advantage of you, so we've made it easy. We've rated, ranked, and recommend Waco's best electricity companies and electricity plans that will make your move easy.
Getting your power turned on in Waco is easy. If your home has a smart meter, we can get your power turned on in 4-6 hours. Just enter your zip code to get started.
Electricity Plans for Waco
- Fixed Rate Plans: Offer a fixed rate per kWh (monthly bill may vary based on usage) for the length of the contract, typically 12 to 36 months.
- Green Energy Plans: Source power from renewable sources such as wind, and solar.
- No Deposit Plans: Electric companies in Waco offering no deposit sometimes called prepaid electricity plans; allow customers to pay for their electricity in advance. With a no deposit electricity plan, customers can avoid credit checks, deposits, and avoid disconnection for non-payment.
- Variable Rate Plans: Usually considered as the opposite of fixed rate plans, with these plans the price per kWh will vary month to month.
- Time of Use Plans: Vary the rate per kWh based on the time of day and/or the season. Customers are often charged a higher rate during the day and a lower rate in the evening. Additionally there
- Solar Buy Back Plans: This allows Waco homeowners with solar panels earn extra money by selling their surplus electricity to their electricity provider. Often this is in the form of bill credits for electricity that would otherwise go to waste. Electricity companies offering these plans include: Chariot Energy, Rhythm Energy, and Energy Texas.
Waco Electricity Outage and Utility Information
If you have a power outage, or any issue with your home's electrical delivery, you should contact your local electric utility for assistance
Contact the Texas Public Utilities Commission with any other concerns:
PUC Customer Protection, P.O. Austin, TX 787111-3326.
Email the PUCT at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find rates for your zip code in Waco
FAQ: Waco Rates, Plans and Providers
The following rates are available from TXU Energy
What is a cheap Reliant electricity rate in Waco?
- Reliant Power Savings 24 plan is the cheapest rate from Reliant. It is a 24 month plan with a rate of 14.500 cents per kWh.
What Waco Amigo Energy electricity plans are available?
The following rates are available from Amigo Energy
Is it true that 4Change Energy has a low price in Waco?
- Maxx Saver Select 24 is the cheapest rate from 4Change Energy. It is a 24 month plan with a rate of 11.500 cents per kWh.
We recommend you compare electricity rates in Waco and see if this plan is right for you.